Sunday, November 23, 2008

Missing the Punchline


hurm... Well it wouldn't be a persistent blog if it was never updated, so, even if I have absolutely nothing to talk about at the moment, I'll talk anyway.

Also, since I nothing much to talk about... I'll probably post a picture or two from the good ol' sketchbook just for the sake of making a blog look beautiful. To your right is one I drew of Maye, which is currently decorating the front of my pencil-box, and further concealing the list of useful formulas behind it. (You should see the attention it gets during the exam hall)

Quote of the Day:
"Ko nie... Dah lah pandai lukis, dah la lawa, dah lah kita kat dalam MASJID... Buat aku ghairah ajer"
No, I don't know what he meant by "ghairah". Goes two ways I suppose.

Back to the blatant black and white world of mine, there were times when I would look forward to coming back from Uniten so that I could lock myself in that little secluded room and pour whatever idea I have into the screen, but now I realize I really should have been out there living instead of just writing. (But hey, who's complaining Mr. Contradictrary. Hypocrasy is too big of a word for you.)

So talking about ideas to write, let's start the blog with an update on the usual writer's block. The Malay Mail Competition ends March, and I've hardly written much to it. Two story entries and I'm still stuck at one. My ideas are already there, and I even told John about it and he seems to have creamed his pants about it, and told me as a co-writer, we should show Malaysia how to write in the first place. I thought his reaction was a little overblown out of proportion, because I don't think Malaysia lacks the talents for achieving great things, it's just filled with lazy people. John's reaction did inspire me to write abit, but that was it. He eventually got sucked back into the WoW and forgot about it eventually. Well at least he's finally done with the Cipheas Cain book so hopefully once I get my claws on it, I'll be bestowed by all the Graces of the Jinperor to start painting the Future again. (Unless, like always, he wants to me get laid.)

And Thus I find myself nodding and pitting myself to every social activity there is available, be it Yamchar or Birthday Parties, or perhaps even a trip to Terrenganu, I basically am kinda sick of being at home without any ideas to write. I remember I read once on Ummi's blog stating that Happy People don't blog. To some extent I would agree on that sentence, but then again, when I wasn't blogging, I wasn't the happiest state either.

And if that's it for mental health, the physical part is not getting better, nor is it getting any physical action. (Yeah yeah I heard you... Bastard.) Putting on the kilograms, getting an expanded gut and having your face bleed seems like a perfect picture of a WoW player. If it's any better, I look like a person who has just ~recovered~ from being that which has no life. So note to self, do yourself a favour and get off your arse and start jogging. Zil has already met people twice his weight who are more active than he is.

And finally, as most people may have long noticed already, the last interface was really getting on my nerve, so I decided to do a quick Touchup. Some stuff here and there and walla, something temporary. Meantime, I could use suggestions for a new name for teh blog. Seems like the In thing nowadays, and I should at least get rid of the old school side text.

Then what have I come up with?

Something messy. A Charming Look at Mess. I have a little plaque on the wall of my house, and when I look at it, I am surprised how much it defines my quiet little family. It's a rosy little mirror with the words "Bless This Mess."

Indeed, bless this mess. Perhaps not everyone can't paint a perfect picture of themselves, but I hope I and others around me will enjoy the flaws that I have.

Until then... I simply have to fix that last quote. Those familiar will most likely be able to fill in the missing punchline.

Oh wait!! Here it goes:
And then I ran out of breath....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home