Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Megalomaniac! Whatever the heck that means!

Today I woke up with 30 minutes left to bathe, put my clothes on and drive to class as usual. Only thing peculiar about this morning was that I had to do it all that while holding my neck up straight. For some strange reason, my entire body felt tired on what I should've called a normal day. Let's take a flashback shall we?

Zil is sleeping in his room. Nobody is at home at the moment so he could relish good sleep in golden silence.

*Phone rings*

Zil: hm.... Hello..?
Nazirah: Heizil, Ji here, do you want to go for the incubus concert?
Zil: Dunno... Might have test on that day...
Nazirah: The concert is today.
Zil: Oh.. Okay.. Save me one ticket then...
Nazirah: I'm giving you two tickets.
Zil: ...Huh? You don't want?
Nazirah: No. You can have it.
Zil:...Okay... Cool. Goodnight.

Zil goes back to lying on his bed, still have asleep. Then his eyes spring open.

Zil: Did she just gave me tickets to Incubus??

Woot. How nice of my cousin to give me tickets to Incubus! Got a feeling that she got into a fight with her boyfriend or something. Oh well, I guess it's my gain. Few minutes later, I rang Hamsa, who also had just woke up at that time, SMSed Annette, Put on a good shirt (You guys must be farking sick of that kebaya shirt) and a few minutes later we were already there in front of the Hartamas High School. (The space for parking queud up so badly that it reached up till there. All the cars were getting fined like nobodies business. I can see the police weilding lightsabers with all the cash they're going to get from this one.) I don't really recall most of the Incubus songs except Megalomaniac, but all I remember that I was jumping headbanging which caused the pain in my neck right now. Hadn't had this much pain since Tze had that office party with 6 player Playstation control and heavy metal music. Oh wait, that was more painful. Everyone was moshpitting. >.<

Some familiar faces was seen throughout. Our good friend Mr. T came charging to us half naked. Izzie, Karen, Nadia, to name a few old SMBBians, and some Uniten seniors as well. And some fellas who were screaming "I love you, I'm pregnant." Dunno where that came from.

Ask for the performance, OAG was good. Let's take a little quote from what they said.

"Oh c'mon. Why you guys are cheering so hard? We're only the Opening band"

That just puts Too Phat right at their place! XD OAG is one of the most respected bands around here. I got the feeling that the crowd wouldn't mind if they played a few extra songs. They sang a their most popular tracks, which are 60's TV, Beautiful and Slumber. I've asked once and I will ask again. Where weren't they playing at LP Concert? Oh well...

Incubus? I can't remember much. All I remember was Me jumping up and down headbanging, Mr. T half-naked dancing, Hamsa headbanging, Annette's bouncy hair, Michelle's butterfly tattoo, and me headbanging. No pixies were hurt in the process. Unfortunately. They're bassis was really good though. When he started soloing, I could feel the ground vibrating under me. >:)
Too bad they didn't play drive though... =(

Song of today?
Are you gonna be my girl - Jet
Self Esteem - Offspring
Closing Time - Semisonic
and of course... Megalomaniac - Incubus
And then I ran out of breath....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home