Tuesday, April 22, 2003

Yeah... I know. Nothing has changed in the layout. And it's still full of red and black which are difficult to read. Sue me having things to do on a weekend. Okay?

Anyway, since I didn't change the layout, I might as well refresh the visitors of my dimension with a little recommendation of the week. Halley just recently downloaded the new Ninja Scroll TV series and the first episode and it already blew my mind. I'm not sure whether it's me or the constant flow of good animation that makes it exciting, but it's definitely something you Samurai Showdown fans shouldn't miss. The storyline so far, though has some quite cliche style of saving the girl with lotsa secrets destined to save fate kind of thing and the good vs evil theme. And ever noticed that there just has to be a little boy and an old man inside an anime? Heh.
However, the Ninja Scroll has also included all kinds of zany characters and heavy metal music which very much reminded me of Guilty Gear X. All of which I found very entertaining. Which reminds me, is the game out on PC yet?

Asides from that, I also had a good time watching Fruits Basket. Go ahead and laugh. I know it took me very long to watch this anime. And I still have Wolf Rain 11 to catch up with. Back to the subject, I've watch it up till the part where Ayame introduces his cross-dresser's shop to Yuki. I've laughed my ass of several times, remembering I haven't really watched a funny anime ever since being stoned by Excel Saga and Puni Puni Poemi. (Heh heh, even Excel's Seiyuu was inside it as the sweet turned psychopathic Souma Kagura who adores Kyou and the Seiyuu of Nanase Aasu from Puni Puni Poemi as Yuki. Coincedence?). Yeah, a lot of gay jokes going around. But it's still kinda funny. (I liked the part when Ayame demanded to avoid students being caught in a affair, he recommended that everyone transfer all their sexual energies to him XD. No wonder Yuki wanted to skin him and boil him at first sight.) Still, the anime has some excellent drama blended into it, (or should I say the comedy is blended into the drama?) especially the sad tale of Momiji where his mom rejects him and the psychotic Souma Akito who commands all. I look forward to finishing this anime. Can't wait for the weekends. Though I think it's weird since I don't usually watch animes with all the Shoujo going around....
And then I ran out of breath....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home