Saturday, January 03, 2009

Flowers of the Sky

I feel as though I pretty much ditched my friends when I decided to join some other friends for New Years. But Epul was pretty persistent to following me to the curve despite several warnings that the place will be jammed as hell. In the end, two groups of different aspects collided, and I was torn apart from joining my loyal friends, whose almost been the same for the previous years, or people I knew, but don't share anything in common except a study place. In the end, I choose to hang out with the latter to celebrate the coming new year.

I felt bad, but there was this obsession in my mind that kept telling me that certain person I was looking for was somewhere around in the corner, and that I have leapt at every opportunity to come around and meet her. The first opportunity I had was knowing that someone within the latter group of mine seemed to know. I decided to stick with them to dig some info. Mum always told me to keep my groups of friends separated from one another, so that I can always put up a different face whenever it comes to dealing with several types of people. It helps, keeping people at a certain distance so that you're not too needed and at the same time still be able to reach out when you need help.

But... At the end of it... I lost myself in the moment of conversation.

So I guess, for the moment when the clock struck 12am, A New Year came. I greeted it with a different personality as I did before, feeling in my own sense I have become better than I was for the past year, and that the years did bring some change to the very core of my being whether I knew it or not. Thus, with opened arms, my back on asphalt, and my eyes on the colours of the flowers in the sky, I greeted the New Year in a state I should have been for the past 3 years....



...Sober.


Song of Today: Poets of the Fall - Overboard
And then I ran out of breath....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home