Wednesday, April 28, 2004

A Thousand Glances and the Perfect Window

hm... I wanted to post a long blog here about how this place have lasted for more than a year. I was thinking about reflecting on what has happened to me over the past year. .. but I thought about it and I think I've accomplished more when I turned 18. Time flies, and I'm going to be 20 this year. I think I should focus on the things I have yet to accomplished. I had my share of Freedom, Adventures and Immortality.

So, here's an ode to the Future and Boredom.


I remember telling myself,
The Future will bring suffering,
If I don't enjoy this freedom,
I would eventually accomplish nothing.

In College I'll have test,
Then job hunting is no fest,
Then in Work I'll get no rest,
Then dating I'll have no guest,
And Marriage is not a bless.

So why worry?
What's the hurry?
Take your time
Spend every quarter and dime
Toasting to Good Times,
Drinks, Friends and Fame,
and None of the Change,
and More of the Same.

At the end of the day
After I had my way
That I had lost all Balance
With my Immortality Challenged
The flow of time is fearless
As strong as a raging river
And we are pebbles
About as strong to stop it

Youth was not wasted,
In fact it was swift.
Only the person youth occupied was,
If you catch my drift.
I may look young
Like I would live forever
When you feel that way
You wish you didn't
Though I have many stories
I have none of my own
But now I learn
That I do yearn
For things to be different
What they shouldn't not always be

Now College is mediocre,
Work looks like a treasure chest.
The dating game however,
I'd rather had face the test.
I thought others broke my heart
When I have broke theirs too.
The hearts I really wanted,
Was much too far for me.
The ones that really loved me,
I was too blind to see.

What youth had missed out
Or had failed to see
Could always be obtained
In the hands of the legacy
But it's not too late they say
To waste your life away
But I find myself defenceless
Like fighting against the sea
All I find myself doing
Is listening to the Lemon Tree
That song is good for me

A Thousand Glances
Through the Perfect Window
But a single leap
Would be more meaningful.



I'll think I'll give my Grandfather a visit tomorrow. I really wonder how is he doing.

Song of Today;
Offspring - Dammit, I've changed again
Maroon5 - This Love
And then I ran out of breath....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home