Monday, May 25, 2009

More Bad Jujus

Jin: You're wearing Batik again?
Zil: I like Batik.
Jin: ...Sometimes I wanna say something but, nevermind.
Hamsa: Zil does look good in Batik.
Najiah: WHY ARE YOU WEARING BATIK TODAY?! I wanna get to the bottom of this.

Gabey: The first time I met Zil, he was wearing batik. I remember that particular day cause I remembered it was a very sad day. He got stood up on a date or something.

Yeah, come to think of it, there had been many sad moments in my life left unrecorded here for the purpose of me not wanting to remember them. But as time goes by, I start to realize that somethings you just have to remember, whether good or bad, because by the end of the day, it'll be what makes you you. And no, this post is not about Batik.

Yap: Oh yeah, I still owe Gabey dinner.
Gabey: Yeah and I still owe Zil dinner.
Zil: Don't worry, I'm not fussy about having the dinner anytime soon. But when the time comes, I will call for it.
Yap & Gabey: Such as?
Zil: Like for example, my parents are out of town, I have no food at home, my brothers are away, and I have no money and no fuel and no credit, then I'll most likely invoke this deal.
Yap: What the hell? I don't think you can ever reach such a sad sate.
Gabey: ...then again, knowing you, you might actually fall into that state and it would be wise to keep a backup such as this one.

No, I haven't invoke the deal yet, thank God. But if things goes well with Zain, then I might be likely to have 2 backups for a starvation day.

Anyway, besides than always feeding less on a regular basis, I believe the word of the day is the simple 'bad luck', if any of you believe in it. Given the choice, what would you choose? Fate Or Luck? Certainty or Risks? Though my religion believes that not in Predestination (a lighter and more justifiable version of Fate, and I don't want to go into Religious or philosophical debates about it.) I do have to a certain extent believe in karma and a bit of luck.

As a bit of example, I'd like to say that luck is definitely like a lady. She's like a girlfriend who goes into a bitch fit whenever you decide to immense yourself by playing World of Warcraft™ and spend less times on dates with life. Recently, when I finally got my gnome claws on WoW:Woltk, my computer was struck by lightning, damaging my modem, my power supply as well as my lan card. And mind you, this was the second time the very same incident happen. It also got my brother's PC. And Hamsa's too for some reason. And as usual, struggling with the withdrawal symptoms when you have wow paid for and not being able to play it hurts like a bitch.

Hamsa: Relax man. It's not the end of the world for us.
Zil: Yeah man, it still depressing nonetheless.
Hamsa: Yeah. Sink or swim.
Zil: Heh.
Hamsa: I swear to God some of your bad luck rubbed on to me when you were pissed and called me out for a pool game.
Zil: WTF? Now it's my fault I have bad luck?


Zil: ...and that's how I ended up repeating this subject, even though I know it by heart.
Hud: Oh giler ar. Memang kesian ar ko nie.
Dave: Aku lepak ngan budak nie, makin lama aku dengar cerita dia, makin sedih aku rasa.
Lynn: Boleh tulis novel. Penuh dengan drama.

Thanks Lynn, but even though I really am working on a Novel, I'd rather not it be about my life.
I already have one for that right here.

But you know, despite having too many unlucky incidents, and how much it hurts, the things that I want to record here right now are the silent blessings that you get when times are hard. For me, there are these:

My Friends are there and they listen.
My Parents are there and they help.
My Faith, though weakened, was not shattered.
My will, though faltering, was not depleted.
I though without a PC, can still create works of art.
I am, but still, alive.

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Reality isn't fair. But life is still what you make out of it. To all the Gentlemen and Ladies facing uncertainty and depression, I wish you all... Good luck.

Quote of Day:

Dave: Zil, wake up. Exam in an hour.

*5 minutes later Zil is still asleep*

Dave: Eh, you want a Dick in your face ar?
Zil: Okay I'm up.
And then I ran out of breath....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home