Friday, August 20, 2004

Nostalgic Orange Cat

Er.. I heard from a lot of people that Garfield The Movie was a horrible boring movie. I'd say it was pretty boring. But in some ways, I guess it's not all that bad.

A lot of people know Garfield for his orangey cuddliness. I couldn't help but cuddle my orange cats right after the Movie (Aww... Mr. Jim looks so much like Puss in Boots) Garfield's true nature is being a glutonious, lazy, sadistic (a lot of my threats came from his lines. XD) and cunning like every cat would be. (except other cats are very very horny. I raised 5 generations of cats. Believe me.) The equation that goes inside his head (maybe other cats too) are

Me > Food > Everything else

Most of the jokes weren't that funny. But being a fan Garfield as a kid, I noticed that most of the jokes comes from his comic strips. Certain details were there, like how he always sang the blues on the fence. Although the lyrics didn't make sense. Maybe he was really horrible at music. John Arbuckle in the movie wasn't as pathethic as the one in the comic strips ( getting laid with Jennifer Love Hewwit! :O) and Odie even though was really a mute dumb dog, had some intelligence inside him. Erm... Nermal was an annoying female kitten? Not an annoying male Siamese cat? Garfield always disliked cat food and always ate John's food. The lagsania parts was not emphasized much enough. =p

Storyline however was very much predicted. Just like the one in the first Garfield animated movie. It always went like no matter how bad Garfield treated Odie, Odie and Garfield will always be friends. Kinda thing. So Odie gets kidnapped and Garfield goes on to the rescue.

I wouldn't really recomend this movie to watch for other people. But for me, I was pretty entertained to see the character that made me such a cat lover once again. I've not gotten any cats that's orange with black stripes. But if I do, you'll know what I'll call it. ~_^

P.S. I don't care how many Malaysians tell me otherwise, I think Pontianak Harum Sundal Malam is a horrible movie. >.<
And then I ran out of breath....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home