Sunday, November 14, 2004

Mercun Mari!

So, after a whole month of fasting, the day has finally come. Time for raya, the day we eat rendang, send raya SMSes on our phones instead of traditional cards, recieve duit raya from your parents and run away from nephews you owe years of duit raya, call the illegal Macha Sagar and ask for a buncha of his stock, and hunt Pixies with Firecrackers.

The many days of getting up early has left a scar on my biological clock. Not to mention all the expresso I've been taking. Once again, I didn't sleep the whole night. And only a few hours left till Sembahyang Aidilfitri. Then visits to many many many relatives. I just hope I don't fall asleep later at the visit to the graveyard.

While getting myself some midnight snacks last night, I ran across a malay dude at the counter at Major Macha's 7-11. I wished him Selamat Hari Raya, and he wished me back too. He then asked me the most common question I got the each time I wish someone.

"Tak Balik Kampung ke?"

From the start, I've always wondered why people made such a big fuss about Balik Kampung. It wasn't until a later age when I realize that most people have their kampungs at a reasonable distance from their homes. Me? How do you balik kampung when your kampung is as near as Kajang. Someplace where you drive almost everyday of your life. Ah well, happens every year. This year though, there's no Kajang. Datuk is in my aunt's house in Taman Tun.

Today's song:

Selamat Hari Raya Song? Hell no.
Chieko Kawabe - Be Your Girl
(Elfen Lied ending theme)
U2 - Vertigo

Jin is making Warhammer models of us! I feel like I can make a warcraft game out of this. :D Too bad the editor is not working. T-T
And then I ran out of breath....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home